Ms. Chon has been practicing law since 1998 and joined Angius & Terry in 2002. She specializes in construction defect lawsuits representing community associations and recovered more than $70,000,000.00 in construction defect claims for her clients. She is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Angius & Terry.
Ms. Chon has worked on a myriad of construction defect cases from single-family homes to world-class high-rise condominium rentals in the luxurious Squaw Valley, the latter of which resulted in a gross recovery in excess of $15,000,000.00 for 290 units.
Ms. Chon’s educational background includes business administration, taxation, and law. She also taught business law as an adjunct professor at the University of Phoenix. Prior to joining Angius & Terry, she practiced insurance defense litigation and tax law.
Ms. Chon’s twenty-plus years of litigation experience has naturally shaped her to develop savvy negotiation skills allowing her to efficiently and effectively maximize her clients’ recoveries. In addition, diligence has been and will continue to be the driving force of her litigation approach.
- U.C. Berkeley, Haas School of Business, B.S., Honors (1994)
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., Distinction (1998)
- Cal State University at Sacramento, Business Administration and Taxation, M.S. (2005)
- California State Bar Association
- Florida State Bar Association