Video FAQ:

Should we hire the Association’s general counsel or collection attorney to handle our construction defect claim?

Construction defect claims are an area of specialization and you should hire someone who specializes in that area. You should not hire just any attorney, even if it’s the general council or collections attorney for the association. Think of it like letting your general practice doctor do heart surgery on you. You would never do that because the general practice attorney just doesn’t have the experience. They may be allowed to do it by their license but it just wouldn’t be a good idea. The same thing applies in a construction defect case.